Harmonics & Flicker Testing
'Harmonics' as defined by EMC standards refers to harmonics of the 50 or 60Hz mains supply that are imposed on the current drawn from the supply by the product. Most products do cause these 'harmonics' and even though the amount created by each product may be small, the overall effect of many 1,000s on the local electricity supply network causes problems.
The EMC Directive now includes limits on harmonics which are mandatory on all products connected to the public mains supply. The standard for products rated at up to 16A/phase is IEC61000-3-2. The AC2000A is fully compliant with this standard and will provide all the measurements necessary to complete the compliance assessment.
This same instrument, also includes flicker measurements as required by IEC61000-3-3, to include inrush current measurement.
The Harmonics standard includes a requirement for the incoming mains to be itself free from harmonic content (<0.1% THD) as this may otherwise affect the accuracy of any measurements. The AC1000A is a clean power source that will provide a pure sine wave with the required low THD for loads up to 1kW.
Reliant EMC provides practical, compact and easy-to-use instrumentation to help you meet current worldwide Harmonic and Flicker Immunity test requirements.
You can perform compliance testing with the help of the instrumentation provided by Reliant EMC.
Harmonics & Flicker testing PRODUCTS
Reliant EMC Product Lines
· Cells and Chambers
· Current Generators
· EMC Antennas
· EMC Emission Testing
· EMC Immunity Testing
· EMC Signal Generators
· EMC Software
· EMC/EMI Filters
· Linear AC/DC Power Amplifiers
· Linear AC/DC Power Supply
· Waveform Generator/Simulator
· Application Notes & Downloads
· Aaronia - Antennas & Probes
· AFJ - EMI Receivers & Click Analyzer
· DANA - AC/DC Linear Power Supplies
· EMCIS - Filter Design Products
· EMC PIONEER - Ferrites, PCB & System EMI Filters
· EMC Test Design - Field Probes
· Eurofins York - Comb & Noise Generators
· Ferronato - 3D Helmholtz Coils
· Frankonia - Anechoic Chambers
· GTEM ITALIA - GTEM and TEM Cells
· HILO-TEST - Immunity Test Systems · innco systems - Positioning Systems for EMC
· IntrX - High Power LISN's
· Laplace - Emission & Immunity Testing · LUMILOOP - Fiber Optic Power & Data
· mk-messtechnik - EMC Cameras
· OnFILTER - EMI Filters
· PMI – RF Power Amplifiers · Preen – Switched AC/DC Power Supplies
· Sanwood - Environmental Test Chambers
· Schlöder - EMC Test and Measurement Systems · Schwarzbeck - Antennas
· Seibersdorf Laboratories - Site & Chamber Validation
· Select Fabricators - Fabric RF/ EMI Enclosures
· Spitzenberger & Spies - Linear Amplifiers