Emissions Reference Source (ERS)
The ERS is a comb generator that radiates RF continuously every 2MHz over the range 30MHz - 1000MHz.
Each 2MHz peak is precisely measured during the calibration process with the ERS orientated both vertically and horizontally. These measurements are correlated against a 3m OATS such that any fully implemented CISPR16 site, measuring at 3m and using height scanning, will read the same.
In practice, informal sites and test chambers will produce significant differences due to the presence of reflections and/or lack of height scanning.
The ERS allows these differences to be quantified and EUT measurements can then be corrected.
This technique substantially improves the measurement accuracy of radiated emissions on all but the best test sites.
· Very stable and accurate
· 30MHz - 1GHz coverage
· Traceable to NPL (UK)
· Narrow band peak every 2MHz
· Horizontal and vertical calibration
The ERS helps to eliminate the main cause of uncertainty (error) when measuring radiated emissions. These errors are entirely due to the reflections from any nearby metallic objects or surfaces. Also, the ground reflection is a source of error if not using a metallic ground plane and height scanning. Generally, these reflections will account for errors up to 20dB, far too much for compliance measurements.
By replacing the EUT with the ERS, performing a scan and comparing the results with the calibration data, the errors can be quantified and the results from the EUT adjusted accordingly. This technique generally reduces errors to around 6dB, comparable with test laboratory results.
Emissions Reference Source (ERS) is an optional extra for the following products:
Emissions Reference Source (ERS) appears in the following kits:
- RFG kit (optional for this kit)
comb generator PRODUCTS
- Emissions Reference Source (ERS)
- Comb Generator Emitter - CGE01
- Comb Generator Emitter - CGE02
- Comb Generator Emitter - CGE03
- York Reference Source - YRS01
- York Reference Source - YRS02
- York Reference Source - YRS03
Reliant EMC Product Lines
· Cells and Chambers
· Current Generators
· EMC Antennas
· EMC Emission Testing
· EMC Immunity Testing
· EMC Signal Generators
· EMC Software
· EMC/EMI Filters
· Linear AC/DC Power Amplifiers
· Linear AC/DC Power Supply
· Waveform Generator/Simulator
· Application Notes & Downloads
· Aaronia - Antennas & Probes
· AFJ - EMI Receivers & Click Analyzer
· DANA - AC/DC Linear Power Supplies
· EMCIS - Filter Design Products
· EMC PIONEER - Ferrites, PCB & System EMI Filters
· EMC Test Design - Field Probes
· Eurofins York - Comb & Noise Generators
· Ferronato - 3D Helmholtz Coils
· Frankonia - Anechoic Chambers
· GTEM ITALIA - GTEM and TEM Cells
· HILO-TEST - Immunity Test Systems · innco systems - Positioning Systems for EMC
· Laplace - Emission & Immunity Testing · LUMILOOP - Fiber Optic Power & Data
· mk-messtechnik - EMC Cameras
· OnFILTER - EMI Filters
· PMI – RF Power Amplifiers · Preen – Switched AC/DC Power Supplies
· Sanwood - Environmental Test Chambers
· Schlöder - EMC Test and Measurement Systems · Schwarzbeck - Antennas
· Seibersdorf Laboratories - Site & Chamber Validation
· Select Fabricators - Fabric RF/ EMI Enclosures
· Spitzenberger & Spies - Linear Amplifiers